School CounselorGuerin College Preparatory High School seeks candidates with a strong academic background and the desire to engage students and enable them to learn. Candidates will work collaboratively to encourage students to meet their full potential.
Date Available: August 2018
Specific Qualifications: Master’s Degree in School Counseling, Psychology or related field.
State of Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in school counseling.
- Conducts personal, academic, career and college counseling.
- Provides guidance and counseling services support across a diverse student population and in large and small group settings.
- Has experience working with Naviance.
- Has experience working with the ASCA model and feels comfortable with implementation of programming needs and data collection.
- Works with parents and students to help the students achieve educational and career goals.
- Assists in the preparation of students for post-secondary success.
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities by interpreting individual standardized test scores and other relevant data; as a result of such an evaluation, the counselor assists students in developing educational and career plans.
- Presents information and recommendations to the Support Services Team.
- Assists in the remediation of problems that interfere with educational progress.
- Assists students with school enrollment, course selection and the scheduling process in order to meet the district graduation requirements.
- Participate in parent support programs.
- Work with teachers in classrooms to assist students.
- Pursues professional growth.
- Follow directives of the Principal.
Please send cover letter and resume to Christina Lipp, Lead Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org